CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crisis

I feel like I'm having a minor style identity crisis here. I've realized that I don't have a personal and individual style, and I only just copy what I see. I mean, people do that, but it just doesn't feel like myself. I was considering to take a break from reading all of my favorite bloggers, but I think what I'm going to do is just really focus my blog as a record of my journey to find my own style. I just get so overwhelmed by trends, apparent fashion "necessities" (those Victoria's Secret studded booties, anyone?), and other people's styles.

What I would really want is just somebody to talk to or to be a mentor when I'm trying to find my own style. It's incredibly frustrating to spend an hour trying to decide what to wear, and I don't think people should do that. I want to be able to love every piece of clothing in my closet, and have pieces that work with each other.

Things I like, no matter the current trend:
-Plaid. I can't get enough of it.
-Showing leg (with and without tights)
-Black shoes, especially heels
-A-line skirts
-Elegant clothes. I really like ballerina inspired wear, or just dance inspired clothes.
-Bright prints

If I start with a list of what I like, I think I can build from there. I don't know. I'm just overwhelmed and confused.

3 replies:

emily said...

i started out really confused, but i think i've essentially found my style, at least for summer. i'm nervous for fall because i just got interested in fashion late last spring! good luck with everything! <3

Wendy said...

Go with your instinct on things. I've had a lot of people say that they don't like my style behind my back in real life and that doesn't bother me. Just whatever you feel like, wear it.

tcarterart said...

I am so there!!! Good luck on your "journey." Mine has just begun, and that is precisely what I'm blogging about as well.
-Wallflower
From Fashion Ballad
www.fashionballad.blogspot.com/